9.12.08

no, can't say goodbye

while i'm out of town trying to find some solace, my brother has been taking care of my critters. today, my poor mom tells me that he found figaro, my kitty of 16 years, dead. no signs of what may have caused it. fig was pretty old, but had not had one single bad day of health in his entire life - including the day right before he passed, according to my distraught brother.

i've had figaro with me my entire adult life. he came with me to atlanta. he was steadfast through different apartments, relationships, jobs, decorating schemes. this has taken me completely unawares and i'm not up for a kitty eulogy or any sort of goodbye. i am bereft.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry.

    I had to put my 14 year old Maxie Cat down last month and it caught me completely off guard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this, that's really rough, and tragic... 16 is just too young to lose an otherwise healthy kitty.

    ReplyDelete