We had a small disaster today while I was cleaning the rabbit cages. I was pulling the drop trays out, hosing them down, scrubbing the pvc-coated wire bottoms of the cages, and replacing the pine pellets. In the midst of all this, I noticed that there was fresh, bright red blood all over the bottom of Butch's cage! I must have caught the little dude's nail in the wire when I pulled out the pan. We cleaned it up and it stopped bleeding quickly, and I felt terrible. There's a lot of on-the-job learning with this rabbit adventure. For the moment, everyone is fully brushed out and matt-free which is such a relief. I've been hurriedly tilling and planting now that last night's frost has passed, as I'm about to be away for a few days.