7.8.09





One thing I rediscovered at camp was the pleasure of roving. I almost always buy raw fleeces, sometimes washed or dyed fleeces (and of course I treat myself to batts), but I felt like I was cheating or something if I bought the commercially processed stuff - and where's the fun when it spins up so quickly? But damn, I was way off on all that. First of all, you pretty much need some roving as a base for the crazy carded batts. Or at least it makes for a great sandwich. And then you'll never get the same beautifully rounded wiggly ply without roving. So I scooped up some of the gorgeous hand-dyed roving I'd been eyeing by Cloudlover and spun it up into a thick-and-thin single for the snuggle shrug KAL on Ravelry. I got a good 120 yards out of one braid, which is impressive. I am so enamored of the color variations (and so is Ruthie apparently) and it is wonderfully soft. I needed some new addictions - oh and she also turned me on to BPAL.

I've been feeling quiet lately with more bad news on my dad's health. Oh, how I love my Papa. I was just talking to him in his hospital room and he told his nurse that I was a senior at Notre Dame. If only!

No comments:

Post a Comment