i've been putting off doing my Happy 101 Blogger Award post even though i was thrilled to be tagged by mathyld! it's hard to think happy when down with the flu, and i have been fluish for days, and then yesterday when it hit me *hard*. but i'm up a little today and was looking over this wonderful granny basket i got at an estate sale last week.
do you ever find granny baskets? you know, the box or tray with some assortment of threads, tools, notes to self, and other odds and ends? probably just like one of your many little sewing tableaux but from another woman from a different era and her remnants and pieces of bygone projects. a good estate seller will not try and piece out each little item for pricing, but will price the whole kaboodle and cheap! luckily this one looked at this box and said "fifty cents."
so my no. 1 happy thought is granny baskets.
2. and good luck, perhaps helped along with some other tools...
3. i've been learning to size things up rather than taking them at face value.
4. randomness, like a marble hidden (stuck!) inside this tatting thread.
5. in the tradition of strong women, being able to take matters into one's own hands when necessary.
6. crafts, oh yes.
7. old things full of history and memory, and a healthy dose of humor.
8. friends, old and new, who take us with all our flaws. (poor ricky's hand was sewn back on rather strangely.. he was not a resident of the granny basket - he was a find of my mom's.)
9. having guides along the path, especially my sweet hub and my beautiful mother. (and i just signed up for an e-course! In the fish bowl.)
10. grace, something i don't credit nearly often enough.
and if you have gotten this far, you are officially tagged!! really, it feels good. write ten things that make you happy - and knowing that some of my sweet friends don't blog, you can leave them in the comments here..