24.1.09




These were in the room down at the recycling center where you can leave stuff you think other people might want. I just wanted to cry looking at the figurines with the photo. So strange to see the real-life inspirations. I couldn't help but wonder if this person passed away, and what happened to her Siamese cat and one-eyed Pom. I've seen so many pets dumped when aging parents pass. The little Pom looks so much like Max, the dog I grew up with (except Max's eyes were intact). I almost brought all these home, just to try to give them a place in the world, but then I thought no, I can't be rescuing someone else's memories too. I'm trying to clear out my own, to make room for something new and good. But I hope someone took her pets, and takes her little tchochkes, and treasures them.

No comments:

Post a Comment