19.6.12

killybegs



the cardi i started on my trip to denver is coming along (the name was shortened on my instagram to killings cardi!)  i always want to knit when i'm nervous.  but i'm at the sleeves now and that's feeling slightly tedious.  still my fingers want to knitknitknit.  no thought or decisions about what to do next.  thankfully that's all taken care of by carol.  just follow the pattern, blissfully or manically.  no rest for the stressed.

i'm not really sure why i'm so nervous, just lots of swirling uncertainties clouding my head and making my hands itch.  the same old things you've been reading about here for years, really.  nothing new, except this pretty honeycomb pattern taking shape in my hands.

12 comments:

  1. I wish i could knit like this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh but you could!! you probably know that knitting is just one of those things that takes time and practice and making it a bit of a priority among so many other desserts. i always feel the urge to learn every fiber craft and i'm not sure if it's a good thing or not... am just about to take up tatting. i think many of these skills inform each other but they also keep my efforts so dispersed that sometimes i don't feel that i'm creating anything super satisfying. oh well!

      Delete
  2. ga-gorgeous! love that honeycomb- hope the swirling settles soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe the honeycomb is the swirling!! anyhoo thank you!!

      Delete
  3. I knit when I'm nervous too. Repetition settles me. That's going to be a very lovely sweater...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe that's something of a universal thing? i've heard it said so many times. the sky scarf seems the absolute perfect project to sooth nervous hands..

      Delete
  4. Great pattern. I know what you mean about sleeves, they don't flow in the same way a larger piece does.
    P.S. Your elder coat is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarn is gorgeous, where is it from? I am always in awe of other peoples knitting, I am so hopeless at it. Yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm using yarn called "peace fleece" - it is really rustic and reminds me of handspun. thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Your knitting is lovely, I do like that honeycomb stitch. Perhaps you could have a conversation with the anxiety as you knit..row by row, a chance for each to talk, liste and feel. I hope it shifts soon, it's not a good feeling

    ReplyDelete
  7. hum a very soft senselessness...hum to yourself.
    love

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very nice piece of knitting, both the colour and the pattern are attractive.
    Tatting! I have sad memories of attempting tatting in middle school, maybe it is time to learn a new skill for me too.

    ReplyDelete